Welcome to the 2019-20 school year! Ethan A. Chase Middle School is now in its seventh year of existence and we have grown substantially in the last six years. We began with 750 students in 2013 compared to our current enrollment of over 1,350 students. Our 6th, 7th, and 8th graders have taken advantage of our state of the art facilities that provide them access to technology to accelerate their academic growth. We have the finest students from the surrounding communities, and beyond, who have selected Chase as their school of choice. Our staff provides the highest quality of education to our students by participating in Professional Learning Communities that include staff development in the areas of technology such as Digital Citizenship and iReady Reading and Math. They have also been trained on Positive Behavior Intervention Systems, Writing Across the Content Areas, AVID WICOR strategies, and Cultural Proficiency.
Finally, for the last three years we have lived by our motto of, “We are Chase, the home of the champions!” We champion for our students’ growth academically, socially, and emotionally and we want our students to champion for themselves and for each other. Not to mention that our athletic program has brought home at least ten league championships in the last six years. In 2017-18 we became only one of two middle schools in all of Riverside County to offer an Advanced Placement course. We created AP Spanish which offers academic rigor at the college level. 17 students qualified for the class and of the 17, 15 passed the AP Test giving those students college credit as 8th graders. In 2018-19 we had 18 students enrolled in AP Spanish and all 18 passed the AP Test and they too received college credit.
During the 2018-19 school year our students had several achievements and activities that continually engaged them to our school:
- Over 500 students received a GPA of over a 3.0 for the First and Second Trimesters and were named on the Honor Roll.
- Our students participated in successful dance events for the Fall, Winter, and Spring where an average of 450 students participated. Our Eight Graders enjoyed an evening under the stars with the end of the year Eight Grade Formal Dance.
- Our Band program anchored by the outstanding Wind Ensemble performed in several evening events and were applauded by large crowds in a packed auditorium.
- Our Drama program conducted three full length presentations as well as two smaller presentations throughout the year.
- Our Football team was named Inland Valley League Champions during the 2015, 2016, 2017 seasons as well our Softball Team who won the trophy during the 2017, 2018, and 2019 seasons.
- Our students participated in Tolerance Education Center Museum Field Trip, the University of California –Riverside Field Trip, and the always popular 8th Grade Field Trip to Splash Kingdom.
- All of our students have been trained on proper Chromebook use, Google Classroom, and Digital Citizenship. Our students are well on their way to mastering the digital world well before entering high school.
- Our Eight Graders finished the year with an outstanding promotion ceremony on the Chase Football Field.
- Our Parents and Guardians have proven their involvement with great turn outs during; Awards Night, Chromebook Parent Nights, Parent-Teacher Conferences, ELAC, and Back to School Night. We also had 70 parents graduate from our Parent Institute for Quality Education program.
- The overall environment of our campus is warm and nurturing which can be attributed to the positive outlook by all students and staff and the relationships that they have built with one another.
Since Chase is relatively new to the community we are making an effort to create a positive relationship with our neighbors. Our first initiative was to create a Parent, Teacher, and Student Association (PTSA). The second is to continue to build our English Learner Advisory Committee in support of our English Learner population. We are excited to build a strong and long lasting partnership with our PTSA and ELAC and we welcome all parents who are willing to volunteer on our campus or participate in one of our committees. Our ELAC and PTSA are in its sixth year of existence and we always welcome new parents to participate and volunteer.
We are looking forward to another great year during 2019-20 as we strive to provide academic excellence for our Scorpions and support them in their pursuit to be life long champions.