Professional school counselors are trained in both education and counseling, allowing them to function as a facilitator between parents, teachers, and students in matters concerning the student’s goals, abilities and any areas needing improvement. School Counselors are professional educators with a mental health perspective who understand and respond to the challenges presented by today’s diverse student population.
· Individual and small group counseling (short term interventions)
· Crisis intervention counseling
· Conflict resolution and peer facilitation
· Referrals to outside services (including mental and physical health)
· Student Advocacy
· Advocate for individual students
· Advocate for positive change in the school and in the district
Need to get a hold of your counselor?
8th grade & 6th grade A-L
7th grade & 6th grade K-Z