G Suite for Education is an integrated communication and collaboration solution that Google offers to schools and educational institutions at no cost. It provides Romoland students and staff with a secure online environment to communicate, store files, and collaborate on documents, spreadsheets, and presentations. All of these applications exists completely online (or in the cloud), meaning that staff and students can be access their apps and data from anywhere, using any device with an Internet connection.
Visit the Google for Education website for an overview of the tools included in G Suite and used in our classrooms.
G Suite for Education provides the foundation for achieving the desired student outcomes for use of instructional technology at Romoland School District:
- 24/7 learning without borders or boundaries
- Opportunities for blended learning
- Develop writing skills
- Self-directed, inquiry-based learning - ask compelling, answerable questions; have skills to locate, evaluate, synthesize, and communicate
- Create innovative, real-world content that can be easily shared
- Individualized/personalized learning
- Interact, communicate and collaborate with peers, teachers, and experts/professionals beyond the classroom walls
- Learn responsible digital citizenship - protecting privacy, constructive criticism, clean digital footprint, respecting people in the community
- Learn skills that translate into daily life and are not device-specific
Romoland School District takes security and privacy of student information very seriously. G Suite at Romoland is only accessible to our staff and students, and students are only able to use G Suite's communication tools to interact with other Romoland students and teachers. G Suite for Education complies with all legal requirements for safety and security such as Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) and Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA). Google does not sell or share personal information or data with third-parties, and there are no ads in G Suite's core services. Click here to view the full details of Google's commitment to privacy and information security in G Suite.